Monday, April 19, 2010

A few things




I am actually really mad at myself for slackin' on the posts and also the fact that I haven't taken that many pictures of me during my pregnancy :( I do have some but no so many in the early stages. Live and learn I guess-

So anyway, my sister Nicole (the one that lives in Nebraska) was in town visiting and wanted to help throw a baby shower for me while she was here cause she wouldn't be back til after I have my little ladybug. So we had a family baby shower with aunts and cousins from my moms and my dads side and also Jason's sisters and mom. It was really fun getting all these little girl things and made it that much more real for me! I got some super cute outfits, way comfy blankets, some adorable towels and the cutest little froggy baby robe you have ever seen! Of course I got some diapers, wipes, shampoo, lotion and ya know.... all that good stuff! It certainly was a success :) Here are a few pics...






Yes, my mom is a twin!!











So on a side note, I can feel her move around a lot more and I LOVE IT! They are still pretty small kicks but some are big enough that I can see my belly poke out when she kicks or punches. It's kind of wierd cause you actually realize there is another human being growing inside you but it still feels kinda alien like. I don't know. All I know is I'm so excited to feel her more and more. I know, you're probably thinking that I'll be thinking differently later on when she keeps me up, but to me it is really comforting. I know I'm just being a worry wort, and I honestly do feel like everything will be ok, but there is still part of me that has flashbacks to my previous loss even though it was really early on. ANYWAY, about a week ago, Jason was able to feel her kick for the first time! I loved it and I know it made things a lot more real for him. Oh my goodness, I am just so excited for her to get here!

Um, last item of business is that we are having a hard time picking out a name.... I want something that is a little more unique but not wierd (like apple, blech!) I just want a name that is not over used. But then on the other hand, Jason likes more traditional names and doesn't go for the not so common names. So, yah, that's the dilemma- Soooooo, do you have any suggestions?? I know, you probably don't want to say any if they are names that you would use for your future little girl, but I need help! I am only throwing this name out there because Jason already said there is no way we are naming her this name (even though there is still a glimmer of hope. Maybe if I say it enough it'll grow on him!) So I found this name in a magazine and liked it right away..... HMMMM, maybe I don't want to tell just yet, just in case Jason changes his mind. I know some of you already know, so if you do, don't post it in a comment :) Maybe I'll tell you later on but I'm still gonna keep it a secret :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Names are hard. You look great. So fun to feel baby move, and getting fun baby stuff helps too.

Amelia said...

i'm glad you had fun!

Alesha said...

Oh Nol you look so so cute! I want to see you! Girl names girl names...geez, I sure hope I get to use some sometime! lol Here are a few I like
Navy
Arly
Kora
Raegan
Macey
London

Freak that is all I can think of, hasn't been something we have really had to think about! haha

Amanda Petersen said...

Congrats on having a little girl! It's so fun feeling them AND seeing them move. It's such a miracle. You look adorable pregnant! Just enjoy it...it's such an amazing time!