So I'm a slacker..... I'll be the first to admit it. I have had a lot to post about but now it's not so fun to read about things that happened over a month ago over a long post. So I'm just gonna quickly recap on what has been going on around here. (These are in no particular order)
*WE DID IT! Back at the beginning of May we took a road trip up through South Dakota and saw Mt. Rushmore and just far enough into North Dakota to count that we've been there and with that Jason and I have been to all 50 states since we've been married. It just took us a little over three years! We also drove through Montana and down through Idaho to get home. We drove 10 hours in one day! I thought I did pretty dang good for being 5 months pregnant!
*We spent the weekend at our cabin with my mother and father in-law and our good friend Walter, from Hawaii, and it was so nice! I just relaxed on the deck with my belly hanging out to give my little girl some sunlight while the boy were four wheeling and choppin' wood, watched movies, ate what I wanted (this was obviously before I had to started poking myself) and cuddled with my love :)
*One of my best friends, Brittany Evans had her little boy, Peyton, on June 15 and he is so stinkin' cute! I'm so happy for her and her little family! Holding him made me so stinkin' excited for my little ladybug to get here!
*I'm getting huge! I don't have all my pictures round up and on the computer yet but I will post some soon :)
*So, I guess I still can't keep my glucose under control, so in addition I have to take a pill every night in addition to poking myself four times a day and eating only 30 t0 45 carbs a meal to help my levels stay down. (start looking at the carb content on what you eat and you'd be surprised at how many things have loads of carbs in them. Which is ok if your pancreas is producing insulin like it's supposed to, but for me I'm not so lucky to be able to give into all the pregnancy cravings I have!) I guess it's better than having to give myself an insulin shot everyday. So hopefully this helps just enough that I won't have to do that.
*And, now I have to go do a non-stress test TWICE a week! My first appointment is tomorrow so I'm gonna see if we can knock down the appointments to just a few. I personally think that twice a week is a little excessive but we'll see.
*Jason and I still can't agree on a name for our ladybug! He wants Sara Noelle Button and I want Everley Noelle Button. I saw Everley in a magazine and can't stop thinking about it since and that was four or five months ago. I want something that's not so common but not WEIRD. When I saw that name it's just different enough that I fell in love with it. It was spelled Everleigh in the magazine, but I didn't like that spelling so much so I changed it. So we'll see what happens. We may not have a name until she is with us and in my arms! Hopefully it doesn't boil down to that but I know we will eventually come up with something we can both agree on.
*My hands and feet and swelling like balloons! Ok, it's not that bad, but it's uncomfortable.
*OH! We cleaned out and painted the nursery :) Just have to finish hemming the curtains and find cute decorations to put up around the room!
Uh, so that's pretty much it in a nutshell. I know there are things that I'm missing and I'll probably remember in an hour, but this is good enough for me. I will post pictures, hopefully this weekend :)
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Busy, busy! I love, LOVE Everley... not that it matters one but, but go ahead and cast my vote for that one!
I think I'm with you and Rebecca on Everly, very cute, and then you could call her Evie, which I love. Hmmm... my vote doesn't count either huh?? Hope the test went well.
I love the name Everley, it is so cute. Hope your tests go well, and that you can get everything under control so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. What are your nursery colors?
WOW. You two have been up to alot, The low carb diet oudl be very hard... But It will be os so worth it when she is here.
Post a Comment