


Everley Noelle Button was born July 25, 2010 at 6:46 am! She was 5 lbs 7 oz and 19 1/2 inches long! She is so beautiful and such a joy in our life! We couldn't be happier!
So this is the scoop. July 17 sometime in the evening I started having contractions with lower back pain.... I just thought they were Braxton Hicks contractions with a little pain cause thats what some books said. But when they kept on coming along with my mucus plug coming out I kinda panicked and called the on call doctor sometime around 3 am or so and he said that we should go to the womens center and prepare to have her and stay at the hospital. Well since the contractions weren't that painful we threw stuff together and showered (thinking if I was going to have her I knew I wouldn't shower for a couple of days). So the nurse said I wasn't dialated at all but I was about 60% effaced. Everything was basically normal but they said I could have a urinary tract infection so they sent me home with a prescription and said they'd let me know the results by Tuesday. Well I actually never found out if that's what I had, but I was still having random contractions with a little pain throughout the week. I went to work on Wednesday and called in Thursday and on Friday told them I needed to go on leave cause I just couldn't do ANYTHING anymore.
NOW, Saturday comes around again (the 24th) and we went swimming and fishing during the day and then again at night I started having contractions with back pain but this time they were SUPER painful. It seems like they started around 9:30 and I don't know how many I had so I started counting about an hour later. Sure enough I had about 6 an hour and they were pretty much 10 to 15 minutes apart. One of the nurses at my NST appointments said to drink a full glass of water and then lay down on my left side and see if the subside. So I did. No such luck. Still 10 to 15 minutes apart and VERY painful. I seriously wanted to rip my hair out cause it'd probably feel better than what I was experiencing. I was just trying to hang in there because of the events that happened last weekend and thinking that they would eventually go away. 1am......2am.....3am..... comes and goes and nothing eases up. So finally about 3:30 am we grab our bags, grab her diaper bag and the car seat and make our way to the hospital.
We get back in the room and everything is good with the little one! FEW! Then the nurse check my cervix and I was dialated to a 3+. So she proceeds to tell me that since last weekend I wasn't dialated at all and now I have progressed that I could pretty much count on having my little girl that morning. HELLO! SHOCK! I couldn't help but smile but I was pretty much nervous. I felt good cause they said that a lot of babies that are born at 36 weeks go home and have no problems and ones that do have problems aren't that serious. So that helped me calm down. The nurse called the on call doctor and he comes in to check me and confirms that I was dialated to a 3+ and was 80% or more effaced. So he said that since she is still breech if I don't progress in the next hour we can try to turn her around to try and keep in the womb a little longer. I didn't really want to try and turn her cause of the risks involved but I didn't need to worry cause when he checked me again I was dialated to a 4+ and he actually felt her little foot right there. They had already given me an IV while we were waiting just in case so after the last check it was a matter of ten minutes before they took me back to the OR. Jason got to put on the space suit lookin' outfit and he barely had enough time to get everything on before they wheeled me out!
From there I got the spinal block, which my anesthesiologist was AWESOME, it wasn't nearly as bad as what I was expecting from all the stories I've heard. Honestly what I thought was worse was that the OR was so blasted cold that I couldn't stop shivering and my whole body kept shaking. Can I just tell you that the spinal block was the wierdest feeling that I have ever experienced. Seeing your feet and thinking, hey I want to move those, and you can't is just trippy. Plus the heavyness you feel in your chest is quit uncomfortable. But other than that everything was great. I didn't have my arms tied down cause again the anesthesiologist was great and thought that was cruel and unusual punishment. So it was great that I could itch my own nose and face cause man did it ITCH! Jason was right there by me taking pictures and kept asking me if I could feel this and that. He was shocked at how agressive they are just pulling me apart and moving my insides. Our sweet little girl already takes after her daddy. She mooned the doctors when she came out bum first! All I could say is, "That's my girl!" To hear her cry for the first time was unreal. I couldn't believe the time was actually here! After they did the measurements and bundled her all up they brought her over to the head of my bed and we got to cuddle for the first time. What a great feeling that was. There is nothing like it and I would never trade it for anything. There we were in the OR as a family of three for the first time!
Everything was great for about the first 48 hours but she was losing weight really fast and her temperature was dropping every now and again and she had to be put under the heat lamps. She got down to 5 lbs and 1 oz! So they decided that she needed to go down to the NICU so that she could have more one and more one on one time with nurses to be evaluated. It's not that she is actually considered severe enough to be a NICU baby but she just needed the extra attention. So she has been down in the NICU since last Tuesday (almost a week now). She is doing good but still has some challenges eating without the tube in her nose. She would get so tuckered out and then ends up losing more calories than what she got so they feed her through a tube in her nose so she can just sleep and eat and gain weight. She has had several feedings recently just on the booby and she has gained back a lot of weight! I'm feeling like we could be going home sometime this week but I'm not holding my breath cause she has her good days and bad. She has to eat on her own (by bottle or boob) for 48 hours, gain weight and maintain her temperature. She hasn't had a problem with temperature and weight seems to be better everyday. We have been lucky enough to stay at the hospital in the parent support room which is literally two doors down from the NICU so it's been nice to be able to be with her as much as possible and get in good feedings. I will keep you updated on how she is doing but my days go by so quickly and with trying to pump, eat, get enough sleep and be with our little girl ,the time just slips away. So enjoy the pictures of the cutest little girl out there!
So this is the scoop. July 17 sometime in the evening I started having contractions with lower back pain.... I just thought they were Braxton Hicks contractions with a little pain cause thats what some books said. But when they kept on coming along with my mucus plug coming out I kinda panicked and called the on call doctor sometime around 3 am or so and he said that we should go to the womens center and prepare to have her and stay at the hospital. Well since the contractions weren't that painful we threw stuff together and showered (thinking if I was going to have her I knew I wouldn't shower for a couple of days). So the nurse said I wasn't dialated at all but I was about 60% effaced. Everything was basically normal but they said I could have a urinary tract infection so they sent me home with a prescription and said they'd let me know the results by Tuesday. Well I actually never found out if that's what I had, but I was still having random contractions with a little pain throughout the week. I went to work on Wednesday and called in Thursday and on Friday told them I needed to go on leave cause I just couldn't do ANYTHING anymore.
NOW, Saturday comes around again (the 24th) and we went swimming and fishing during the day and then again at night I started having contractions with back pain but this time they were SUPER painful. It seems like they started around 9:30 and I don't know how many I had so I started counting about an hour later. Sure enough I had about 6 an hour and they were pretty much 10 to 15 minutes apart. One of the nurses at my NST appointments said to drink a full glass of water and then lay down on my left side and see if the subside. So I did. No such luck. Still 10 to 15 minutes apart and VERY painful. I seriously wanted to rip my hair out cause it'd probably feel better than what I was experiencing. I was just trying to hang in there because of the events that happened last weekend and thinking that they would eventually go away. 1am......2am.....3am..... comes and goes and nothing eases up. So finally about 3:30 am we grab our bags, grab her diaper bag and the car seat and make our way to the hospital.
We get back in the room and everything is good with the little one! FEW! Then the nurse check my cervix and I was dialated to a 3+. So she proceeds to tell me that since last weekend I wasn't dialated at all and now I have progressed that I could pretty much count on having my little girl that morning. HELLO! SHOCK! I couldn't help but smile but I was pretty much nervous. I felt good cause they said that a lot of babies that are born at 36 weeks go home and have no problems and ones that do have problems aren't that serious. So that helped me calm down. The nurse called the on call doctor and he comes in to check me and confirms that I was dialated to a 3+ and was 80% or more effaced. So he said that since she is still breech if I don't progress in the next hour we can try to turn her around to try and keep in the womb a little longer. I didn't really want to try and turn her cause of the risks involved but I didn't need to worry cause when he checked me again I was dialated to a 4+ and he actually felt her little foot right there. They had already given me an IV while we were waiting just in case so after the last check it was a matter of ten minutes before they took me back to the OR. Jason got to put on the space suit lookin' outfit and he barely had enough time to get everything on before they wheeled me out!
From there I got the spinal block, which my anesthesiologist was AWESOME, it wasn't nearly as bad as what I was expecting from all the stories I've heard. Honestly what I thought was worse was that the OR was so blasted cold that I couldn't stop shivering and my whole body kept shaking. Can I just tell you that the spinal block was the wierdest feeling that I have ever experienced. Seeing your feet and thinking, hey I want to move those, and you can't is just trippy. Plus the heavyness you feel in your chest is quit uncomfortable. But other than that everything was great. I didn't have my arms tied down cause again the anesthesiologist was great and thought that was cruel and unusual punishment. So it was great that I could itch my own nose and face cause man did it ITCH! Jason was right there by me taking pictures and kept asking me if I could feel this and that. He was shocked at how agressive they are just pulling me apart and moving my insides. Our sweet little girl already takes after her daddy. She mooned the doctors when she came out bum first! All I could say is, "That's my girl!" To hear her cry for the first time was unreal. I couldn't believe the time was actually here! After they did the measurements and bundled her all up they brought her over to the head of my bed and we got to cuddle for the first time. What a great feeling that was. There is nothing like it and I would never trade it for anything. There we were in the OR as a family of three for the first time!
Everything was great for about the first 48 hours but she was losing weight really fast and her temperature was dropping every now and again and she had to be put under the heat lamps. She got down to 5 lbs and 1 oz! So they decided that she needed to go down to the NICU so that she could have more one and more one on one time with nurses to be evaluated. It's not that she is actually considered severe enough to be a NICU baby but she just needed the extra attention. So she has been down in the NICU since last Tuesday (almost a week now). She is doing good but still has some challenges eating without the tube in her nose. She would get so tuckered out and then ends up losing more calories than what she got so they feed her through a tube in her nose so she can just sleep and eat and gain weight. She has had several feedings recently just on the booby and she has gained back a lot of weight! I'm feeling like we could be going home sometime this week but I'm not holding my breath cause she has her good days and bad. She has to eat on her own (by bottle or boob) for 48 hours, gain weight and maintain her temperature. She hasn't had a problem with temperature and weight seems to be better everyday. We have been lucky enough to stay at the hospital in the parent support room which is literally two doors down from the NICU so it's been nice to be able to be with her as much as possible and get in good feedings. I will keep you updated on how she is doing but my days go by so quickly and with trying to pump, eat, get enough sleep and be with our little girl ,the time just slips away. So enjoy the pictures of the cutest little girl out there!
7 comments:
Congrats! That is so exciting! She is adorable, and I bet you can't wait to get her home. Best wishes!
Awesome! Congrats! Scary unpredictable stuff but I am glad it all turned out ok. Can't wait for you to get that baby home! She totally has your mouth in the last picture!
Congrats Nol, she is BEAUTIFUL! Love the name. I love hearing peoples whole stories! Hope baby goes home soon! Loves!
PS- If you happen to be at IMC, the NICU social worker is a dear friend and fabulous person, Allyson. She's wonderful.
ConGrats.... Glad things are getting better everyday... She sure is cute...
Congratulations Noelley girlie! SO glad that little Everly was here and she was so excited to come that she just earlied herself right to you. I may change my mind at some point, but me thinks she's a daddy's girl....I'm just glad you are all healthy and together. Your life will never be the same from this point on...and that's a very good thing. I love you all and wish I could hold you both in my arms. So, the wishes come long distance.
Love,
Auntie Jenni
Congrats! I'm so glad everything turned out okay. Sometimes those babies like to make a dramatic entrance don't they? She's beautiful and I'm so happy for you. I hope you're able to get some rest...I hear she's pretty sleepy so just enjoy the sleepiness. She's perfect!
Post a Comment