This past Sunday, which happened to be October 10, 2010, was the day we blessed our sweet baby girl! She looked absolutely gorgeous dressed all in white. I got her dress and little booties at a store in American Fork called, Little Things Mean A Lot. She also had a cute little bracelet and a headband I made that had a button and some pearls. (I really like to use buttons since that's our last name! Can you tell?)
She was such an angel until he blessing was over, which turned out to be perfect. I just had to walk the halls for most of Sacrament meeting. However, I did manage to sneak back in for the last few minutes and was even able to go up and give the obligatory bearing of the testimony the moms usually have when their baby is blessed. Don't get me wrong, it was defintely a good thing, it's just that speaking in front of a bunch of people is one of my top three greatest fears. I just don't enjoy being the center of attention with everyones eyes fixated directly on me. It was meant to be that I still had Everley in my arms (cause she had just barely fallen asleep and it was still to soon to pass her off to Jason) cause if I didn't, it would have looked like I was having a seizure up there cause I was shaking so bad and I honestly don't know if I would've gotten up there otherwise. This is just a confirmation that I truly believe our Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us personally. He knows that speaking in front of people scares me terribly, so He made it as comforatble for me as it can and will ever be. I was able to stand up there and bear my testimony while looking at my sweet little angel and swaying her back and forth. The only problem is, I'm not quite sure what I said cause I was so nervous!
After Sacrament, we headed over to our clubhouse to celebrate by stuffing our faces silly with lots of yummy food! After my little sweet pea ate her lunch she slept quietly in the corner while her momma and daddy were eating. She is such a good baby! We are truly blessed to have her in our family!
On another note, we just got back from spending the night at our cabin with our friend Walter that came all the way from Hawaii for Everley's blessing. It was soooooo beautiful down there! Have I mentioned that fall is my most favorite season of all? Well, it is. I love everything about it. The fresh, cool crisp air. The color changing leaves. Snuggling in blankets and sweaters. Hot chocolate. MMMMMM! I LOVE IT! Anyway, while we were there, Jason decided to take Everley on her first four wheeler ride. I guess I can't say she loved it, but she didn't hate it either. Jason said she was just very content on the whole ride up and down and around the cabin property. She didn't cry at all but she didn't really smile either. Guess we'll just have to keep at it! Walter fixed us a feast of seafood for dinner and boy was it good! We had lobster tails and jumbo shrimp and scallops we could mix in with our pasta and alfredo sauce. YUM! All in all it was just a nice little get away :)
7 comments:
she is such a cutie, her dress is gorgeous. and you look really good. I need to come and see you still, let me know when I can!
Oh she looks so pretty in her little dress! Good job on bearing your testimony. I conveniently bless my kids on non fast Sundays so I dont have too! :)
Oh My goodness she is so cute... I love the dress, and good job getting in front of everyone... I have missed you guys so much...I hope all is going well.
~Jamie
She is beautiful!!!! I am so thrilled for you! I have a gift for you, I had to work for you shower. Let me know when you might be able to get together.
I love that dress. What a beauty. Hope all is well havn't seen you in forever.
Adorable! Congratulations!
hey seestor! And people say my kids are clones. She looks just like your baby pics. Oh man Im so sad I missed it! NO MORE I will be there for her birfday yea!! She looks so beautiful in her dress, I love it!! Love you tons sis.
Post a Comment