
So lunch was great and it is always good sit, chat and stuff your face with food. After lunch I went to a few stores in the area and by the time I was at my second storm a huge snow storm started. At least an inch or two fell and was on my car just while I was in the store. I wanted to shop more but not in this area so I drove to Target and when I was pulling in, a car that was turning, or trying to turn, into the Target parking lot was going to fast and slammed into the car trying to turn left out of the parking lot. I thought to myself, I am not going to turn left (even though I needed to) cause I know that people just don't think when it starts snowing. So when I was leaving I decided to turn right onto Redwood Rd. and then turn left onto 7200 So. (just a round about way to my parents house) and sure enough when I was in the right turning lane FOUR cars slid right into the left turning lane but at least no one else got hit. Few! ..... at least I dodged these accidents.
Alright, so at this point I am at my parents house changing into my lovely work clothes and thought that I should leave an hour before my shift starts just to give me enough time to get to work cause the roads were crappy. So I left at 4 and I get on I-215 and the roads are so slick. I was white knuckling it the whole way and only going about 20 MPH. People were flying by me but every time I started to go fast my tires started spinning out and doing the fish tail thing. I was almost to the airport exit but decided to get off at California Ave so people weren't riding my butt. BIG MISTAKE!!! I was on California Ave for 45 min just to get to Bangerter Hwy. So needless to say I was 40 min late for work, not good.
Now I am at work and there were like two airplanes in the E-gates but yet we all had to be out there for when the planes come in. I know most of you don't know what I am talking about so I'll try to make sense. There are three different banks in the work day. The first is from 7 am to noon, then noon to 5 pm and then 5pm to 10 pm. Well we were still getting planes from the 2nd bank at 7:30 pm. Planes that were supposed to be there at 1 in the afternoon were just getting in. So I knew this was going to be a long night cause it is just a ripple effect once one plane is late. Ya, I didn't get to leave work until 2:30 AM!!! The only good thing is that I love the people I work with and we were having fun ALL night long trying to figure out what planes we still had to do and when they were all coming in. It was a total disaster but we were all so tired that everything was funny so we were just laughing most of the night. Let me just say, I am so glad I transferred from customer service out to the ramp cause I did not want to be inside with the hundreds of cranky people.
At the end of our shift when we were walking out there were so many people just sleeping against the walls in the airport. One lady tipped chairs over to cover her suitcase to try and "prevent" someone from stealing it and also tipped another one over to put her head under. I was trying to take pictures with my phone but I was walking while taking the pictures and so they were all blurry.
All in all, I made it to work in one piece and avoided several accidents. And I actually do love to work out in the snow, it makes things interesting. Well, that was my Friday, how was yours?
4 comments:
Sounds exciting...little did we know when we said goodbye after lunch!
Holy cow!! That's crazy. I'm glad you dodged all those accidents.
I had no idea you had heart surgery that's amazing!! The roads have been so crazy I almost died on my way to the airport last Saturday, maybe our line of work is more dangerous than we could have ever known. I also went private on my blog so send me your email address, amyrain82@yahoo.com.
What the Heart surgery????? You are the only family link to Gator to a heart condition I know of... TELL ME EVERYTHING..... P.S. We are just the same kiddo- Chlomid, progesterone to start you.. I have been there... memer it took three years to get Ry here then more pills and I misscarried twinners before Gator and I just misscarried again about three weeks ago... It sure stinks... I am super sorry. But you can always ask questions and call me if you having one of THOSE days... Brynnie
Post a Comment