Thursday, December 18, 2008

A year later

So it's officially been one year (on Dec. 11th) since I had my heart surgery and everything has gone perfect! Which means it's been one year that Jason and I have been trying to have a family. I never thought that trying to have a baby would take so long. I mean, I don't mind the work but it gets a little frustrating with the "wait and see" all the time. Since my miscarriage (in July) I have only had two cycles, and one of them was because I had to take a pill to get me started. Just this past Monday I got my blood tested to see if I am even ovulating and to check my thyroid levels. Well I totally thought that I had hypothyroidism because it seems like I have almost all the symptoms, but I just got the results today and the nurse said my thyroid levels were normal. Oh and she said that she thinks that we tested to early. So I don't have an answer as to why this is taking so long and we are in another "wait and see" mode. I know that Gods timing is better than ours but man, I am starting to get really impatient! Which I guess will make it that much more special when a little one finally comes into our lives. Well anyway, just thought I'd let you all know what is goin' on with me and what I have been thinking about lately.

2 comments:

Alesha said...

I am glad you posted about this, I have been wondering about it. I miscarried soon after you and have thought about you lots! I hope you will be able to figure out what is going on and get things regulated! Good luck!

Gina said...

I can't imagine going through something like that. I hate the "wait and see" and I haven't ever had to do it that long. Hopefully the docs can figure it out soon.