Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Way late!
So things have been a little crazy and the past few weeks have just flown by. I just want to say that I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Christmas was really good :) Jason and I decided that we weren't going to do presents and just take our annual Hawaii trip but he decided that he wanted to cheat and buy lots of presents. It's a good thing that they were "US" presents and not just for me or I think that I would have won the "worst wife of the year" award. Let me just start out by saying that I knew that Jason wanted the new Call of Duty game for our X-Box 360 cause he conveniently left up the webpage showing that this game was on sale. I figured hmmmm I better get this since it was a little obvious that he wanted it and I thought one present won't hurt our "no present" deal, plus it was on sale. (win win) I was thinking that I was being a good wife and got it for him but didn't get anything else since we told each other we wouldn't. So I wrapping gifts for my parents and my sister in-laws when he sees that there is an extra present so I told him it was for him... Jason is really good at being sneaky... and he's like, "Babe, we weren't supposed to get anything for each other. Now I feel really bad cause I didn't get you anything." I was thinking good!, now I can feel all warm and fuzzy by getting him a little somethin' for Christmas. I would have just been fooled with that (I'm way gullible) but he was even more sneaky and I'll tell you why. Christmas Eve we were going to eat at my parents house with my sister Natalie and her family and open up our gift exchange gifts since it was supposed to snow all day Christmas and we didn't know if we would be snowed in. Jason had to work earlier that day but got off around 4'ish. Well he calls me up and says that he will have to go back to work around seven to do a last minute training. Obviously I was bummed and couldn't figure out why Discover Card would conduct training Christmas Eve! But me, being gullible, believed his excuse that they had a lot of trainings they were supposed to finish and they have been short handed (which they have) and that he needed to finish this last training by the deadline or Discover would get big fines. So I was like ok, this sucks, but ok. Christmas morning I get up at 7:30, cause we were meeting at Jason's parents house for a huge Christmas breakfast, and the Christmas tree lights were on and I know that I unplugged them before I went to bed. So I go out there and there were a bunch of presents! He told me that he didn't have to go back to do a training but that he had to go home and wrap presents cause he never had any time to do it without me knowing :) I know, my husband is really cute! So he got us a Wii with Wii fit (highly recommended!) and Mario Kart with extra steering wheels. We got a ten piece camping set (I love camping and we haven't been since we've been married), I got new 3-piece luggage cause I only had a huge oversize suitcase and needed carry on size. He got us a new camera and a second guitar for Guitar Hero so that we can battle each other! Yay! Although he got us all these things for Christmas we are still going to Hawaii and I am so excited to get away from all this snow! Hopefully you all had a great Christmas season as well! I'll just add real quick that Jason and I don't really care about New Years so we didn't really do much. We played games at his parents house for awhile but went home at 9 and Jason was actually asleep when the ball dropped so I recorded it on DVR and stole a kiss from him while he was sleeping. Ha ha, that is pretty pathetic!! ANYWAY......... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ya good thing those were all "We" presents! That is great, and such a suprise!
Post a Comment