Ok, so I would like to take credit for this brilliant idea but I must give it to my cousin, Celeste. She came up with the idea of writing things you are thankful for every Thursday, thus the name, "Thankful Thursday". How cute is that?! I thought it was a great idea so I am going to attempt to copy her. It should be fun and easy so there really shouldn't be an excuse to miss a day, but with the way that I am, I'm sure there will be a few weeks that it doesn't happen. So these are the things I am thankful for this week.
1. The nurses at the EAGeR study who have supported me and tried to figure out what the crap is wrong with my body. (I will miss them since I can no longer participate in the study cause I'm not pregnant :( )
2. I am thankful for the opportunity to see some of the most beautiful sunsets and rainbows while I am working out on the ramp at the airport.
3. The fact that it is now officially my favorite time of year! I love when the leaves start to change colors and the "cool, crisp, bite" that is in the air in the fall.
4. I am thankful for my dad coming to my rescue when my tire blew out on the freeway. He made it so I wasn't late to work! Thanks DAD, I love you!
5. And I am thankful that I was able to run across four lanes on the freeway, without getting squashed, to safety after parking my car on the wrong side of the freeway after my stupid tire blew out!
I know this is only supposed to be about what I am thankful for, but I forgot to share this bit of info on my last post! So two Sundays ago I'm on my way to work singin' my lungs out when all of the sudden I hear this wierd noise... It sounded like a big truck was about to pass me, but when I looked, there was nothing there. So I decided to pull over to the side of the freeway (and since I was kinda panicking I pulled on the left side of the freeway since I was in the fast lane, SMART). I honestly didn't think anything was wrong but decided to pull over just in case. I get out of my car with the cars on the freeway whooshing past me at 80 mph and see that my front right tire is blown. FANdiddlyTASTIC! For some reason I have the worst luck with tires, so by now I am pro at changing my tire. However, I had flip flops on and was like, CRAP! I called Jason first and he DOESN'T ANSWER!!!! What if I got in an accident and he didn't answer.... nice. It was a good thing I was right by my parents house on the freeway, so I call them to tell them whats up and to see if my dad could come help. I was thinking that I was just going to have to call into work (which I didn't want to cause we have this whole point system with tardies and absences and I didn't want to waste a sick call on THIS). So my dad comes to pick me up and take me to work and says to just leave my car on the side of the road. I was trying to tell him where I was on the freeway but we failed to discuss what SIDE of the freeway I was on. SO he gets on the on-ramp and is like where are you? I then told him I was on the left side of the freeway. He was like, "why would you stop on the LEFT side of the freeway, that's how people get killed?" GREAT! Thanks, I really didn't want to think about that right now. So I'm waiting to get ready to run across I-215 in FLIP FLOPS with all my crap I had to bring to work.... Well, obviously I made it, but I'll tell you what... my heart was about ready to jump outta my chest! It was scary. I made it on time to work and in the mean time my dad changed my tire into the spare and also had to jump my battery cause it went dead from the emergency flashers. We have just had some really annoying problems with my car (like having to buy three sets of tires, changing out the stupid headlights every 6 months cause they burn out really quick for some reason and so on) Oh. I forgot to tell you the day before, Jason got my oil changed and they said that one of my tires was wearing thin and needed to be replaced. So when the tire blew, I was thinking that it was the tire that already needed to be changed. NO SUCH LUCK! Now we had to throw down for TWO tires instead of one. That was a $200 expense I really didn't want to pay. After all this and all the other crap my car puts us through I decided to call my car P.I.T.A..... which thoughtfully stands for PAIN IN THE A**! :) HA! I'm so clever, it kills me!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nol you are cute. Good idea with the Thankful Thursdays! I would have freaked out running across the freeway and having my tire blow out! EEK!
I LOVE LOVEyour new background by the way, (although while reading your blogIsay singing, "Hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog in my head). I did the same thing, blowout on the car hello left side of the road, and it was when I was coming from down south, how funny, I'm glad you lived. Also SO SO jealous you went to Maui, lucky girl. Yes lets do lunch with Kirah when u have time.
Oh My Heck you crack me up... PITA love it! I am glad to hear everything turned out ok. Oh and I love the Thankful Thursday Idea so cute!
Post a Comment